Conceptual design is the first stage of our Design & Engineering services, which includes:
- Examination of an identified client need
- Definition of requirements for potential solutions
- Evaluation of alternative solutions
- Development of system specification (e.g. technical requirements and environmental targets)
- Forecasting of investment costs
The basic design phase, sometimes referred to as system or high-level design, bridges the gap between the conceptual design and detailed design phases.
The basic design phase includes:
- definition of overall system configuration
- project configuration through layout of schematics and diagrams
- creation of required performance specification and general framework to build the project on
During this phase, a detailed design of a client’s system is developed, which will serve as a basis for the implementation phase.
The detailed design is based on:
- the requirements and system specifications
- input from the previous phases.
This will provide a detailed specification for each system, detailed P&ID and 3D design thoroughly describing their respective interfaces and functions.